as this exciting year is coming to an end, I would like to give you a short overview of all those things that happened during the last 12 months and a quick preview of what’s to come in the next.
In february I have been in Kenya for a reportage, march was incredibly full with commercial jobs and in april my first book was finally published and since then sold to 10 different countries. In may I have been to a photography gathering in the Netherlands with 40 other Wet Plate photographers. For my Wet Plate landscape series SOURCE I have travelled all of Germany. In June I have been to England, where my first Platin/Palladium Prints were created.
„The art of photography“ featured a great video about me, my facebook page now has 2200 likes, my newsletter goes out to more then 1000 recipients and the German Foundation for analoughe photography published an exquisite journal with some of my Wet Plate portraits.
In december my new studio was eventually ready for me to move in. The renovation works should have been done by august, but now I can say it was worth waiting for! I celebrated this new work space with giving my first Wet Plate workshop, which was fully booked.
All that sounds pretty amazing, but there was one thing that topped it all: the birth of my daughter Klara.
This years highlights were the exhibition „Mountains and Magical Places“ at the Continuum Gallery, Königswinter and showing some WetPlate originals in Prague and in the USA.
- December 2015 to Februrary 2016 „In the heat oft the night“; Continuum Gallery, Königswinter
- November 2015 analog mania, Timisoara (ROU)
- September 2015 Art.Fair, Cologne
- August 2015 „By the Books: A Juried Exhibition“; VCP | Vermont Center for Photography (US)
- June 2015 Revela-T Photofestival, Barcelona (ESP)
- May to August 2015 „Alternative Photography“; Zahradník Museum, Prague (CZ)
- May to June 2015 „Mountains and Magical Places“; Continuum Gallery, Königswinter
- April 2015 ART BREDA (NL)
- March to April 2015 „Light Sensitive 2015“; Art Intersection, Gilbert (US)
- Dec 2014 to March 2015 „In the heat oft the night“; Continuum Gallery, Königswinter
- Dec 2014 to Feb 2015 „Wet Plate Portraits & MOVEMENTS“; Galerie Lukasczyk, Darmstadt
It looks like the upcoming year won’t be any less exciting!
Art fair in Miami (USA), “Hellerau Photography Award“ in Dresden, international workshops, alternative printing processes, amazing commercial Wet Plate jobs, my new Wet Plate series ‘NUDES in NATURE’ and the project 16×20″. And certainly a lot more interesting stuff is going to happen along the way.